In the crystal clear waters of the Mackenzie Basin, fish respond positively and predictably to a fly dancing on the surface or nymph swinging deep below a strike indicator. Enjoy world class sight fishing to both brown and rainbow trout, in peaceful surroundings, with Spry Fly New Zealand.
Spry Fly is a company with over 30 years of experience in assisting fly fishermen of all abilities fully appreciate the joys of fly fishing. Whether you are a complete beginner, or an experienced angler, Spry Fly NZ offers a wide range of fishing opportunities and experiences, from fly fishing schools to extended guided fishing trips. Find out why 90% of our business is repeat clientele.
Come and join us - you'll thrill to a backdrop of towering snow-clad mountains, sheer valleys and vast flood plains through which braided rivers twist. Take a tour through our pages to discover what fishing in New Zealand is all about - and how Spry Fly New Zealand can make it all a reality for you.
1. We've had a bitterly cold winter this year, with over a foot of snow on the ground during June and temperatures down to around -20 degrees. The deep freeze is great as it makes for a booming Spring. We're starting early this year, with trips down to the far south for the opening in Octboer there, so drop us a line about this early season fishing. Contact us for details of this season as soon as possible, as we are booking up quickly.
2. For the social media minded, we do have a Facebook presence, which I'd love to have you follow, where you can be kept up to date with fishing conditions and other news from around the region. Follow Spry Fly NZ on Facebook here!
3. Subscribe to our latest newsletter - recently updated, Receive updates on the fishing, special fishing tips and upcoming events with Spry Fly New Zealand. You'll find a copy of the latest Spring Newsletter 2014 here.
4. House renovations at The Angle. A bit of paint here, some insulation in the walls and a quick check of our systems are all a part of the work we are completing at the Angle for the 2015/16 season. It is starting to come together and will look great for the opening weekend in Novmeber.
5. A reminder about the non-resident angler licenses that have been introduced. They can be bought online and should be ordered before you trip. Check out the Fish and Game website for more details about the new licensing system, where you can also purchase your licenses in preparation for the start of the season.
|Home||Trips & Tours||The Spry Fly Team||DVD Shop||Fly Fishing Schools||Favourite Links||Contact Us|