In the crystal clear waters of the Mackenzie Basin, fish respond positively and predictably to a fly dancing on the surface or nymph swinging deep below a strike indicator. Enjoy world class sight fishing to both brown and rainbow trout, in peaceful surroundings, with Spry Fly New Zealand.
Spry Fly is a company with over 30 years of experience in assisting fly fishermen of all abilities fully appreciate the joys of fly fishing. Whether you are a complete beginner, or an experienced angler, Spry Fly NZ offers a wide range of fishing opportunities and experiences, from fly fishing schools to extended guided fishing trips. Find out why 90% of our business is repeat clientele.
Come and join us - you'll thrill to a backdrop of towering snow-clad mountains, sheer valleys and vast flood plains through which braided rivers twist. Take a tour through our pages to discover what fishing in New Zealand is all about - and how Spry Fly NZ can make it all a reality for you.
1. The 2018/19 season is booking up very quickly, with only a couple of weeks left free in the regular season, including a week or two in Januay - the start of cicada season! The every popular Take Two package is still available for a pair of anglers, so drop us a line if you have a spare week for some fishing in NZ!
2. For the social media minded, we do have a Facebook presence, which I'd love to have you follow, where you can be kept up to date with fishing conditions and other news from around the region. Follow Spry Fly NZ on
3. Subscribe to our latest newsletter - about to be updated, Receive updates on the fishing, special fishing tips and upcoming events with Spry Fly New Zealand. You'll find a copy of the latest Fly Lines - Winter 2017 here.
4. We have some early season trips planned for October 2018. These take place outside of the regular High Country season and could be down in Southland or perhaps, closer to the easterly flowing rivers of the Central South Island. At this point, either option is available and both provide some excellent early season opportunities to connect with some great fish. Contact us to regiseter your interest in these special trips.
5. A reminder about the non-resident angler licenses that have been introduced. They can be bought online and should be ordered before you trip, to make the process easier. Check out the Fish and Game website for more details about the new licensing system, where you can also purchase your licenses in preparation for the start of the season.
|Home||Trips & Tours||The Spry Fly Team||DVD Shop||Fly Fishing Schools||Favourite Links||Contact Us|